Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Ok, so I have a new obsession. Judge me or love me, but here it is: I am newly obsessed with the tv show Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader: Making the Team. I know what you are thinking, I thought it to when my sister turned it on this weekend, but it is so addictive its great. It follows the tryouts of becoming a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader which is over a 3 month process and very intense. Its like heaven and a train wreck all at the same time. They focus on a few girls so you get to like them and worry about whether they are going to be cut at any second and its so great. For instance, (don't worry, I'm not giving anything away) in one episode the "director" of the cheerleaders doesn't like a girls attitude and decides she needs to be polished so her homework assignment is: not stretching or working on the dance routines, but to read a biography of Jackie Kennedy Onassis! AND she makes the girl give an oral report at practice. Classic. There are parts that do enrage me- like making these girls feel fat when I can see their ribcage, but look beyond that to the beauty of the show. It comes on CMT- don't know times, but search for it. You won't regret it. (Trivia fact: Their tv movie Dallas Cowboy CHeerleaders is the second highest rated tv movie of all time)
My other new obsession is playing Shop Til You Drop on my cellphone. I highly encourage you Verizon customers to download it.

3 comments:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Ok, you've convinced me. I will definitely search for it as soon as I get home!

smarti said...

I heard a comment about this show on Regis and Kelly one day. Kelly quoted one of the judges, "She's got good teeth and hair, I hope she can dance." Sounds like a winner to me!

Snake Nation said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. I found it randomly one night and it sucked me right in. People are missing out on this gem - thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention.