Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

I just need to get a few things off my chest so I don't have to keep thinking I need to be a smart blogger. I finally realized (even though I think I said I had already but apparently I was lying) that my friends who read this already know me and the rest of you don't know who I am so even if I impressed you with my knowledge of china and fine linens you wouldn't think any more of me on the street, so why bother. Don't get me wrong I do like good sheets and am fairly knowledgeable about some smart stuff- art and shoes (and if you don't think shoes are smart you are sorely mistaken) but I have found that I am most knowledgeable about things that have no significance in the world, but are my guilty pleasures and make me happy anyway....so here are some:
1- I am an expert at pop culture trivia, excluding Simpsons, South Park and other adult cartoons. People magazine was my favorite magazine as a pre-teen and still is. If I visit perezhilton.com once a day I visit it 400. I'm not one of those people that is obsessed with stardom and want to be like them, I just find the whole phenomenon fascinating. (I also understand though that I can't complain about the Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohans of the world because I pay for those magazines, but I can think they are ridiculous and get mad at myself for perpetuating it. I gave up People magazine for Lent one year and although hard, I did save lots of money).
2- I watch America's Next Top Model and Project Runway religiously. I used to be a complete reality tv whore, but I have given a lot of tv up. I can say with certainty I may never give those two shows up though. Alias is my favorite show of all time, but when JJ Abrams took that from me, I was forced to put these at the top, next to Grey's Anatomy.
3- I love a great meal like the next person, but I also love Taco Bell, really love it.
4- In grad school I became obsessed with a computer game called Snood and have recently reconnected with it, much to the detriment of my work load. I also found this game online which is quick and fun: http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/game/dond.swf
5- I love Regis Philbin and once sent him a Christmas card....although I never got one in return.
6- I love all things Friends and Sex and the City.
7- My favorite thing to do on Saturday mornings is to stay in bed read and book and have College Gameday on in the background ( I love SEC football, but what good southern girl doesn't?)

I'm sure there are other things I need to confess to, but I guess I do need to do some work, so they will come later.....

1 comment:

smarti said...

I keep forgetting to check out Snood...why I never knew this game before a couple weeks ago, I don't know. I too love Taco Bell and find I go there at least a week, even if it's just for a taco supreme. I was very hurt by Project Runway's choice of Jeffrey but Top Chef came on after I finally saw the ending and that made up for it. You are smart and cool and the funniest person I know. Thanks for writing!