Friday, October 13, 2006

Cold

Sometimes I think things happen to me because God likes to laugh at me. Take this morning for instance. Im getting out of bed to take the dog outside so I turn on trusty Flip Spiceland the weatherman (who isn't always so trusty) and discover its in the 50's, so I do what any normal person would do and put on jeans, a sweater, and a coat. We start around the block and the wind is blowing and its getting really cool so I decide to zip up my jacket. Safe enough, right? Wrong. In the next 5 minutes it must jump 20 degrees because all of a sudden I am sweating. I go to unzip my jacket when it occurs to me that this is the coat thats zipper is a little tempermental. Needless to say I am standing in the middle of the street with my dog's leash in between my knees and pulling at this zipper. Others in the neighborhood have realized its not quite the Artic and are passing by in short sleeves shirts and some even had on shorts.....and there I am sweating in a red parka people are probably currently wearing at the North Pole. Needless to say I looked like Santa Claus walking the rest of the way, but I just pretended the others were crazy and not me.
Of course now as I sit on my back deck to write this it has cooled off again and my fingers are about to fall off they are so cold.....but I am not putting that coat on again. (which I had to take off like a sweater when I got back home). Laugh, God, laugh.

1 comment:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Yesterday I got stuck in a jacket and almost met an untimely end coming down the stairs. This is not our week.