Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Lesson in IM'ing

The other day my boss left for lunch and of course immediately I had a question I had to have answered. I kept waiting and waiting for Boss to return, but nothing. The secretary and I kept IM'ing back and forth about how long Boss had been gone, etc etc. Finally after about 4 hours I IM'ed the secreatary and said, "He's not back? YET????" When secretary didn't respond after a minute or so I wondered what was up and realized to my horror, I had sent Boss my IM!!! Luckily quick thinking me jumped into action and send Secretary outside to keep watch while I let myself into Boss's office and broke into the computer and erased the IM.
Close call. And the lesson is: if you are going to IM about your Boss, make sure you check the address before you press send.

No comments: