Friday, November 10, 2006

Britney, red states, and friends

So, if you are a democrat and live in a red state, Election day can be quite depressing. You go through all of the emotions- waking up thinking this time will be different and feeling hopeful, to seeing results come in and wondering if you need to move, to down right in the dumps depression. But, alas, this election day, the sun broke through the red state of mine's clouds and TADA the best news ever- Britney filed for divorce from Kfed. Now I know a lot of people may be tired of hearing about this, but I'm not. I really should write Brit brit a thank you note for making an otherwise bad day into the best day ever. You see, I had pretty much given up on Brit brit. I had filed her away into the Whitney Houston file of biggest talent wastes ever (although luckily that file name might have to be replaced soon..yeah). I'm not saying Britney is the most talented person out there, but I'm not going to lie, the music can be fun. Who doesn't like Hit me Baby One more time? No one. The golden years of her and Justin were just downright fun......and then Kfed happened. Our little golden Britney turned into trash slut mom Brit right before our very eyes. It was sad. It was depressing. Perez Hilton was aghast. I wasn't sure if we would ever get her back, but Tuesday she made the first step back towards stardom and it couldn't have come on a better day for this democrat living in a red state.
And to make things even better, I was reminded about what great friends I have who were just as excited as I about the news. Unfortunately my boyfriend didn't seem to care, but thats what friends are for, I guess. To share in any excitement, even if it is as petty as Britney filing for divorce.
.

3 comments:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I'm just praying she and Justin get back together. Then all would be right with the world.

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeee, another Brite Blue Dot in a Red state. I feel you, oh I feel you.
I also feel you on the Brit Brit situation.

Snake Nation said...

FED-EX!!! Yeah! I was over the moon about it, and eagerly await further details that will bring more shame to Kevin. Brit is looking lean and mean and I predict a HUGE comeback.