Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Laugh till you cry

One of my favorite things in life is when somthing happens (that usually isn't all that funny) but for some reason you find it so funny you do that laugh so hard you are crying/can't talk thing? Tonight I went out to dinner with two of my favorite people, Bossybarwife and Really I'm a Mother and for some reason I started telling this story that isn't that funny but I started laughing so hard I was crying and could only get a couple of words out at a time. Bossy and Really I'm a Mother at first were just staring at me trying to figure out what I was trying to say but then they started laughing at how dumb I am.
The story goes like this: about 4 years ago when I started my current job I got really really sick about a month after I started. I am talking out of work for a week, think you are going to die sick. I couldn't seem to get better and finally someone suggested that I go see a nutritionist since my new job required me being around lots of children so I probably just needed the right vitamins to build up my immune system.
Long story short I went to the nutritionist and after going through my life history I ended up on about 14 different vitamins a day (which actually helped- I haven't been that sick since!- although I only stayed on them for a few months- did you know vitamins are more expensive than food???!!!) Well, one of the things she gave me a vitamin for was nightmares. I usually had (up until a few months ago) horrible, horrible nightmares at least 4 times a week. I'm talking the kind you wake up from where someone is trying to kill you convinced someone is really trying to kill you so you turn on Nick at Nite and all the lights in the house and pray that DJ Tanner can make it all go away. Well, oddly enough the nutritionist gave me something for my nightmares---------YAM JUICE! I had to put two drops of yam juice in orange juice every night before I went to bed and believe me when I tell you it was the foulest thing I have ever tasted in my life. I actually think only used it for a couple of weeks it was so awful, but it did help my nightmares for awhile. (Later I realized the source of the nightmares was me taking my Wellbutrin at night- who knew?)
(As an aside- another vitamin the nutritionist gave me was Cats Claw- which for some reason one day I decided that is why I had a scratch on my arm- from the cats claw)
It may not be that funny of a story now, but believe you me it was HYsterical after 3 Dos Equis and way too much cheese dip.

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Oh, its still funny even when you are sober. DON'T SAY PEEPS. DO NOT SAY PEEPS.

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Yam juice will always be funny.