Monday, January 29, 2007

Dog Watch '07


So, you may remember a few posts back I told what my Dad gave me for Christmas- a miniature schnauzer puppy. Now, you may also remember that I did not ask for this gift, nor expressed interest in it. (I have always loved dogs and always wanted one, but I don't have a fenced in back yard and I also have enough self-awareness to know I am selfish with my time and I like to sleep). ANYHOO- they (Dad and stepmom) picked up the puppy the day I left for Honduras and kept it while I was away, and then kept it another week while I slept and recovered from the trip.
All this to say: the inevitable happened and I got the dog Friday. Her name is Izzy (Isabel Bristow) because I love Grey's Anatomy and my favorite show of all time is Alias.......and I will admit she is pretty cute- sometimes.
Our bathroom tally for the first 24 hours was
Outside- 2 times
Inside- 8 times
The kid seriously peed or pooped in every room of my house. My boyfriend kept telling me she's just a baby, blah blah blah but I just kept thinking "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus" as I got out the mop and glow and mop to mop up urine again....and again....and again.

3 comments:

smarti said...

She really is cute. As much as I don't like getting up early, and Jersey does make me, it's the vet bills that hurt. The first time she ever went it was over $300 (granted she did get spayed but still I wasn't financially prepared).

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

That's more mopping than I've done in a lifetime.

Snake Nation said...

She's a real cute little pooper. (But that is a whole lotta mopping.)