Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Way to go me

So yesterday was my 5th anniversary with Boyfriend. There are a few things to note about this milestone:
1) I was always the girl who said if you were still dating someone after 3 years and not engaged yet you were stupid. But, look at me now. For some reason marriage just isn't as important at this minute as I thought it was when I was 24. Although if I'm back in 4 years saying the same thing- hit me.
2) Last night we went to a very fancy restaurant. It is Zagat's #1 in our city and Boyfriend was VERY excited as he is totally obsessed with cooking. I myself prefer some nice chicken fingers or fish so I had an eggroll before we went, just in case.
The experience was very fun. I had risotto for the first time and am newly obsessed with it and we had some truffles which were good. Needless to say this was a VERY expensive meal so you can imagine how well the night ended when after desert I innocently asked "Do you want to give me my present now?"
Apparently expensive dinners are the present.
Who knew.
I was kinda kidding.
Kinda.

5 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I love that you ate an egg roll before you went out to the fancy place. Glad to know it is good-sad to know I need to sell my child to afford it.

smarti said...

I also love that you had a snack first...just in case. I had risotto for the first time in the fall and also became obsessed. Almost to the point of making it...haven't quite made it there. I'm so glad you had a lovely time (I probably would have expected a gift too but I like presents).

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I've been a victim of the "dinners are the present" ruse myself.

Snake Nation said...

I bought tickets for J and I to go to a show at the Fox this weekend -and that is his birthday gift. I guess this is along the same lines as "dinner as the present".

Losing my Mind said...

Hi not sure how I came across your blog but I used to think like you (the three year rule) but I changed it to one year, and now 3 years later still with the same guy, I finally ended it. :) But I'm an old hag so my clock is ticking way louder than anybody else's here :) Congrats on your anniversary- and by no means, is food your 'present' if you didn't pick it out yourself right?