Monday, February 05, 2007

How old am I?


Ok, I am sure we all remember those days in college or right after where you went to parties and felt it was ok to take beer from wherever you saw it. Didn't bring any beer? Thats ok- someone brought a 12 pack. Go get one. Thats the way it went down in my head.
However, now that I am 30 I thought I had entered the realm of going to parties that are BYOB and you DYOB- drink your own beer. Apparently I haven't. I went to a Super Bowl party (GO COLTS!!) last night and luckily (since I never remember to buy beer) my boyfriend had bought me a 12 pack to take. I was very excited because I knew I would have plenty to bring home to last me awhile. Well, our friend just moved to this penthouse apartment downtown with a patio seriously the size of my whole house. Since it was negative 45 degrees outside everyone put their beer on the patio and used it as a makeshift refrigerator.
Long boring party story short- at half time I thought, "I've only had two beers. I'll have one more and then switch to Diet Coke." So, I send boyfriend out into nature's refrigerator and he comes back to let me know ALL THE BEERS ARE GONE. Apparently the people at the party who were our friend's roommate's friends didn't remember to buy beer so they helped themselves to ours...or more specifically mine. 10 beers gone by halftime. Geez louise people. We are 30- give or take a couple of years. We all have jobs. Buy your own beer. Its Bud Light. It'll only set you back $10, if that.
There. Sorry, but I feel better.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Did I know you loved Garth?