Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Salted Meats



So, the first thing that you need to know is that my boyfriend is loud. When he talks, he can be quite loud. Goodness forbid you ever go to a movie that has a poop joke in it, because I guarantee he will be the one laughing the loudest and longest. It can get quite embarassing for me who doesn't necessarily like people looking at her for the sole reason she is with loudy. The times that can be really embarassing are any sort of sports function, or anywhere in public with his friends as I have noticed that his loudness increases by 500% when we are around his friends. Never watch football with him- just a tip. The good part of this behavior is that when we are at a bar or a party, I can usually find him. Which brings us to Saturday night:

Saturday night we stopped by one of his friends' annual Christmas party. It was a fairly small house so people were inside and outside hanging out since there were a lot of people there. Due to the fact that I had on my high heeled boots (very cute, but not so comfy) and the fact I hadn't been to the chiropractor in a month, I found the most comfortable chair and parked myself in it. It was the perfect situation because I could see the tv with the football game and everyone I knew there was standing or sitting near me. We hung out for awhile and enjoyed the baby quiches and small talk and I finally talked him into leaving a few hours later. By then it was past my bedtime and the quiches were gone, the game was over, I had started the water drinking process, so to me the night was over.

So, we head inside and I squeeze past the girls who had not started the water drinking portion of the night and were instead dancing to Fergalicious with all the left over food on trays in their hands (think ham, carrots, celery, dips, etc- but mostly ham). I finally got past them and made my way to the front door only to turn around and boyfriend was nowhere to be found. I looked in bathroom, the room with the coats, the kitchen and he was nowhere......then I stuck my head into the "dancing room" and find him still standing at the door staring with his mouth open and eyes dancing. I looked at him and gave him the "we were leaving, my feet hurt" glare to which he yells (especially loud so I could hear him over fergie), "BABY, I'M SORRY BUT THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN DRUNK GIRLS DANCING WITH SALTED MEATS." We finally left but I am still hearing about girls dancing with salted meats......and I don't even like ham.

No comments: