Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Things I like Today

Ok, I know I totally stole this idea from That's Sew Sally (thanks, PAL) but I have been struggling for things to write about and she did such a great job with hers, here are things I like today:

1) Ginger Ale! I am newly obsessed with Ginger Ale lately for some reason. I can't seem to get enough of it. Unfortunately for me I haven't quite grown to love the diet ginger ale, but I hope to force myself one day. I've also noticed that it is SO hard to find. A lot of convenience stores, etc don't have it- which I think is weird.

2) I went to visit my sister and brother-in-law and niece and nephew this weekend (they live about5 states away) and it was very fun. The best parts- the weather being nice enough to sit outside and have a beer with sister and Mom (who only drinks white zin- and only half a cup every three months) while niece and nephew played in the backyard.....and having my 5 year old nephew introduce me to his friend at church by saying, "Oh yeah, this is my stupid aunt." I thought it was super funny, but I told my sister I reprimanded him so she wouldn't think I was encouraging words like stupid.

3) Daylights Savings Time! I hate the first night and the loss of sleep, but few things in life make me as happy as having it sunny until 8 or 9 at night.

4) America's Next Top Model. SOrry, Snake Nation, but I really do love it. This season of girls aren't as fun as past ones, but it is just fun, no thinking, tv.

5) Rereading Tom Wolfe's I am Charlotte Simmons. If you are looking for a great book that goes really fast, this is for you.

6) Having a job where I can interpret Business Casual as nice shorts with a nice shirt and cute shoes.

2 comments:

Snake Nation said...

Alright - I have to fess up to the fact that I've caught some of America's Top Model this season, and I'm digging it. Also, on VH1 there is a reality show called The Agency. It's about a modeling agency and the crazy agents. I thoroughly enjoy it.

smarti said...

If you like cranberry juice, try 1/2 glass juice and 1/2 glass ginger ale. It's really good and I think qualifies as fruit.