Saturday, June 16, 2007

Maine


Ok, Boyfriend and I are going to Maine this week for a very quick three day vacation. SO, if anyone has been to the greater Portland, Maine area and knows of somewhere yummy to eat or something we must do, please let me know. We are actually staying in Camden and have already booked a 2 hour boat trip but am looking for anything else we need to do. All Boyfriend wants to do is eat lobsters off boats- I'm hoping I get a good restaurant recommendation so i can at least sit down!

4 comments:

Brianne T said...

My family is from Maine. You MUST go to Captain Newick's at 740 Broadway in South Portland and have lobster or scallops Newburg. Also, go to the Portland Headlight (not far from Portland in Cape Elizabeth), Old Orchard (Coney Island-type beach area with a boardwalk, etc.) and back in Portland there is the Shipyard Brewery that has pretty decent beer and tours daily.
It's worth seeking out a good shop for "grinders" which are sub sandwiches but they taste 1000 times better than ones here.
And you must have a lobstah roll, but it is really like tuna salad with lobster instead. It's just something you're supposed to do up there.
If you want to see a crotchety old Maine-er you could go to Augusta and visit my Grampy.

Mayor of Crazytown said...

Thanks!! Excellent suggestions- I will do those!
Perfect.

mamy said...

Also, if you have time, try to get to Augusta--pretty college town with a river and riverwalk. Augusta is about an hour and a half from Portland. Me, brie, and the dorkboys went up in April to see Grampy. I must admit, though, that my favorite photo from that trip was taken at the Boston airport on the way back home. G and I saw Ron Jeremy and of course I asked him if I could take a photo with him. I must send it to you and Bossy. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Mayor of Crazytown said...

Uh- you HAVE to send us that picture....it might be my new screensaver. The people at work would surely like that...