Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I am officially old

So, Saturday I got a new car. I'm very excited because I have never owned a car that was built in the same decade I was driving it, much less one that has new car smell. But, I am the proud new owner of an '07 Jeep Patriot. But, thats not the story.
I was sitting in the car dealership with my Dad, stepmom and sister when the car saleslady says, "This one really has every option available." To which I turn to my sister (who is 20) and say, very seriously, "Is that what they call tricked out?" All she could say was, "Ummm...I'm sorry, are you 85?" I of course immediately realized how dumb I sounded and for the next five minutes laughed hysterically. The car people thought I was real cool and defnintely mature enough to own a new car.
A few minutes later the car person asked for my title to which my response was, "My title at work?" When they explained the title to my car I had to ask them what it looked like.
No worries though, next time I am going to look real smart.

2 comments:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

very impressive.

Snake Nation said...

I found the title to my car in the bottom of a junk drawer in my kitchen recently.

Congrats on the new car. I'm pretty jealous of both you and Bossy.